Privacy law is a rapidly evolving area, and our privacy policies are subject to review to maintain their currency and compliance with evolving law and policy in this area. We may modify our privacy policies at any time, and such modifications will be immediately effective upon posting the modified privacy policies on the website. You agree to review this Privacy Notice periodically to be aware of such modifications, and your accessing or using the website constitutes your acceptance of the Privacy Notice as it appears at the time of your access or use. For more detailed information about our practices, contact our Chief Privacy Officer, whose contact information is found below.
When you are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with LWWP alone, unless stated otherwise. LWWP collects information about which pages on our website are accessed and when, information volunteered by you, such as survey information, email address, and your preferred means of communication. LWWP uses the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests; providing you with programs, products, and services that you request; customizing the information on this website for you; improving our website; and communicating with you. LWWP will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, unless LWWP has your permission. LWWP does not sell or rent your information to anyone.
By providing LWWP with your personal information or by using this website, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. In certain limited circumstances, we may rely on your implied consent. You may withdraw your consent, subject to contractual restrictions, by providing our Chief Privacy Officer with reasonable notice, in writing, at the address below. If you supply LWWP with information about a third party, you represent that you are lawfully authorized to consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that third party information by LWWP. You agree to indemnify and hold LWWP harmless for any and all claims resulting from the collection, use, and disclosure of information about a third party that you provide to LWWP.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or other information is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and may be used by LWWP on the website and in other publications.
We occasionally provide optional surveys to visitors of the website. The information from these surveys is used in aggregated and de-identified form to help LWWP understand our visitors’ needs to help improve the website. We generally do not ask for information in surveys that would personally identify you, but if we do for the purposes of follow-up, you may decline to provide it. If survey respondents provide personal information (such as an email address) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to respond to the question or request, or with third parties who perform data management services for the website. Those third parties have agreed to keep all data from surveys confidential.
Information communicated electronically may be incorporated and retained by LWWP, but LWWP cannot guarantee and does not warrant the safekeeping of information sent over the internet, due to the insecurities of electronic transmission that are beyond LWWP’s control.
1. Accountability: LWWP has designated a Privacy Officer as the contact person who is accountable for LWWP’s compliance with LWWP’s privacy policies.
2. Identifying purposes: LWWP will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected before or at or the time the information is collected.
3. Consent: Your knowledge and consent, or a person authorized to consent on your behalf, are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal health information, except where otherwise required by law.
4. Limiting collection: LWWP will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the authorized purposes identified. Information will be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting use, disclosure, and retention: Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
6. Accuracy: Personal information will be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguards: Personal information will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the nature and format of the information being stored.
8. Openness: LWWP will make readily available the specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual access: Upon your written request, LWWP inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. You will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and may request to have it amended.
10. Providing recourse: You will be able to address a challenge or complaint concerning compliance with the above principles to the Privacy Officer or to the Province of Ontario’s Information Privacy Commissioner.
If you have any questions or complaints about our privacy practices, or wish to access, update, or correct your personal information that we have on file, you may contact LWWP as follows:
By telephone at 416-784-3600
(8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday)
Or by mail at:
Galit Kleiner-Fisman MD, FRCPC
Chief Privacy Officer
Live Well with Parkinson’s Disease Inc.
Jeff and Diane Ross Movement Disorders Clinic
ATC Baycrest Hospital
3560 Bathurst Street